What do I have to do to prove I have made contact with a professional?
- Screen shots of emails or social media conversations
- Recordings of conversations of interviews embedded using Soundcloud
- Transcripts of interviews
- Take a selfie!
Do I really have to buy domain space?
- Portfolio sites like Behance or WordPress plugins like Vimeography
- Having your own domain is not necessary but it will be invaluable if you intend to freelance
What should i put on my portfolio website?
- Should I still make a show reel if I don’t want a traditional media job?
- Should I include my CV?
- Do I show all the projects I’ve been involved in or just a sample?
- Do I include projects where I had a role I don’t want to do in the future?
- Students attending networking events
- Students crewing on other people’s projects
- Students attending talks and masterclasses
- Students attending internships/work experience etc
- Researching your chosen field in depth (and blogging your findings)
- Contacting professionals (and evidencing your efforts)
- Meeting and interviewing (if possible) one or two of your contacts (and evidencing your efforts)
- Planning and making your showreel
- Choosing your web environment and populating your template
- Polishing and uploading your CV
- Aggregating your work experiences and professional networking and putting them on your blog