Samuel Jakings – 364MC Tutorial Sheet (Downloadable Word File)
364MC: Professional Practice Portfolio
Tutorial Preparation Document
|1. Do you have a specific career in mind? If yes, what career?
If yes, what career? If no, what kind of careers are you considering?
|· Camera Operator
· Game Industry
|2. What research have you already carried out about this career?
List websites, books, primary research etc. and what you have found out.
|3. How will your FMP further your career aims?|
|· Improve camera operating skills and pre production documentation around camera work.
· Editing together an effective piece of media to make the audience feel and watch it in a certain way + cutting to music/sounds more effectively
· Insight into how different production operator and can adapt at a moments notice
· Knowledge about how to carefully choose and select how the next piece of media will be created and showcased
|4. Have you considered carrying out any work experience/placements during the year? If yes, what have you considered and how far down the line are you in arranging it?|
|· Made a variety of short promotional material for multiple shops and companies around Coventry and the midlands area.
· Currently in contact with other individuals about doing more promo’s and short videos
|5. Are you on the Media Production Professional Experience Facebook space?|
|6. Have you registered with Creative Futures? If not, you must do it immediately.|
|7. Have you registered with Central Careers in the Hub?|
|8. Have you had a one-to-one with them to discuss career options?|
|9. What portfolios have you seen/looked at and what techniques have you started to consider for your own portfolio? Provide URLs|
|10. What professionals have you isolated as being useful for you to contact?
Provide name, role, organisation and why they will be useful to you
|· Rachel Heady: Art Director – http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0372205/|
|11. What networks have you isolated as being useful for you to further your career? Provide URLs, when and where they meet/how they are accessed (if virtual networks) etc.|
|· Facebook production page: https://www.facebook.com/SNMJProductions/
· Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/samueljakings